Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Team MoDo - The Before Photo


Here is a good contingent from the Hotel Donaldson's own Movember team, MoDo. (From l to r) Top: Austin, Tim and Jason. Middle: Ben, Dale and (team captain) Josh. Bottom: Andy, Chad, Bill and Kris (your humble narrator). You can donate to our team, and benefit the Prostate Cancer Foundation, by going here and searching for our team. You can also donate to our competition, WoMoDo, the MoSistas of the HoDo.

We took this photo about four days into the growth period. Even with that head start, there's not too much happening above those upper lips. Dale is probably doing the best, but Ben's has its charms as well. Me, I'm learning that the difference between grooming a mustache instead of a beard is the difference between wielding a scalpel and operating a weedwacker. And, somehow, the effect makes your face look even mangier. Curious.

If this is your first exposure to Movember, you can find out more at www.movember.com or by reading previous posts here and here. It's not too late to register a team or as an individual - men and women are welcome to gather donations, mustache or not. Visit Movember to register a team. And, don't forget about Bros On Broadway, a benefit for the Prostate Cancer Foundation, on Sunday, November 30th.

If you'll excuse me, I have to pluck.

1 comment:

Nathan said...

It's a shame I'm not there; you would get quite a laugh at what a scragle-stach I would grow. I'm looking forward to seeing some good cookie-dusters when I get there in a few days!

Thank you all for your efforts raising money for prostate cancer. Two family members have recently been diagnosed with this type of cancer and I'm so fortunate that they are doing fine. My uncle had surgery yesterday and is recovering well, and my Grandpa has been cancer-free for about a year now.

This is such an important cause, so thanks again for your help!