Friday, June 6, 2008

Get to Know a Hodoan, #1: Rob

(Welcome to the first in an ongoing series of profiles of the HoDo's best asset: its teammates. You'll find out what makes us tick, hear ideas of things to do in Fargo-Moorhead, and get a bit of an inside peek into the world of the HoDo. Our first profile comes from one of our chefs, Rob.)


Do you have any nicknames? No.

What do you do and how long have you been here? I'm the pastry chef. I've been here for three years.

What is your most memorable HoDo moment? Dan and I got into a food fight with rotten cantaloupes!

Yuck. What do you like to do in your free time? I like to hunt, fish and play in my band (The New Instructions).


List some favorites of yours. On TV, I like to watch "Top Chef" and "Family Guy." For music, I like Guided by Voices, 311, Built to Spill and The National. My favorite movies are "Almost Heroes," "The Jerk," and "Cannibal! The Musical." I mostly read cookbooks.

What do you recommend to do while in Fargo? Eat at Cafe Aladdin and take a walk on the dike.

What are some of your favorites at the HoDo? The BBQ chicken pizza special or walleye cakes.

What is your dream vacation? Italy.


Who are your heroes? Robert Pollard and Elliot Smith.

What would you do if you won the lottery? Open a little "hole in the wall" restaurant in a town that needs it, buy a hunting ranch and work with a charity that feeds people.

(Our many thanks to Rob for being the first victim for this series. And, we thank him for all of the fantastic breads, scones, muffins and desserts he makes. Way to go, Rob!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rob seriously makes the best breads I have ever had and I have eaten and made a lot of bread. He puts a lot of love and passion into what he does and it really shows!

Al said...

This is a great idea. Keep 'em coming.

Nathan said...

I seriously miss the pastries and breads from the HoDo. Dude, I'm craving those breakfast granola bars right now!